Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Man of Steel and Toycon 2013

Have you seen Man of Steel yet? Dee and I have seen it once and we liked it. We really want to see it again.  The only thing we didn't like about this new Superman film is the main theme music. That Superman theme composed by John Williams is still the best! It's majestic, it's heroic, it's triumphant... It's still the best Superman theme!

So have you seen the film yet? I'm curious to know what you think of it. Reviews are very much polarized! A lot of MoS haters keep complaining about the controversial ending and the amount of collateral damage caused by Superman's battle with the other super dudes and that hot super dudette! Well, all I can say is... If you're a rookie Kal-El raised by humans and you get pitted against a whole bunch of Kryptonians (renegades with high ranks, a lot of military training and battle experience, and exactly the same superpowers), how the hell could you possibly go toe to toe with them and not generate horrendous amounts of collateral damage? I don't know how any writer could possibly fix the script so that Superman literally gets to save everyone and put the super bad guys in jail. Could anyone do it without making it corny? I find that highly doubtful.

That said, I really liked this new Superman. I like Henry Cavill's portrayal of the character as much as Christopher Reeve's.

******

ToyCon 2013

We weren't able to take a lot of photos because the place was just too damn crowded. We've been to many ToyCons before but the last one was much more crowded than usual. I feel sad about not getting the Red Ranger helmet that I really wanted. I didn't get a new sword replica to add to my collection either! Boo! But we didn't go home empty-handed. I got Dee a Gokai Yellow ranger key. Good find! Then I got to chat with one of my idols, Harvey Tolibao at the Comixhub booth.

Here's a scan of the blank cover sketch I did. Supermen. This one's for a friend and fellow artist, Allen Geneta. His original request was a sketch of Cavill as Supes but his birthday draws near so I decided to make it a little more special by adding Christopher Reeve as well.


And here are a few more pics that Dee and I took.





I'm terrible at covering events! I hope you guys like that blank cover I did! I would like to do some more and I think I'm getting the hang of it! :)

We still enjoyed ToyCon 2013 so I would like to thank Mr. JC Villaverde and Mr. Lawrence Sol Cruz for inviting us to join them at the Comixhub booth. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment